Eastville Project Space was founded in 2015 by Stephen Ives and Zoe Li and is supported by a voluntary Advisory Group. We initially located at Throne House, Eastville in Yeovil, offering a creative hub for artistic collaboration. We work with artists and creatives across digital, music and visual arts to develop and produce innovative projects that are relevant to their audiences. In the last few years, we have provided a public programme including exhibitions, events and workshops in Yeovil and future afield.
Eastville Project Space aims to:
- Create a hub for artists at local, national and international levels to develop new work in a supportive and stimulating environment.
- Encourage artistic and curatorial collaborations between artists, audiences and Eastville Project Space.
- Support the development of socially engaging practices. Develop work that has a strong reflection of place and people.
- Strengthen the arts and cultural infrastructure in Yeovil and Somerset through new projects that engage with artistic communities and audiences in a unique social landscape.
In 2018, we moved from Thorne House due to re-development. Since, we have been busy working with a group of artists to develop Yeovil Art Space, a community art hub located in the Quedam Shopping Centre, where we are now located. Yeovil Art Space became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation in May 2020. Yeovilartspace.uk
LATEST & NEWS
- EPS – Eastville Project Space – Shop NOW OPENWe have now officially opened our 'Eastville Project Space' ground floor shop in the Quedam Shopping Centre – Yeovil. Upstairs we have a Recording Studio/Band-Practice Space along with a workshop … Read more
- Sound and Music – Composer CuratorOur director Stephen Ives, has been selected as one of 5 artists to work on a new project, as part of the Sound and Music Composer-Curator 2020-21 programme. He will … Read more
- Isolation and Rejection – CompilationA track recorded on the 1st day of the lock-down, in our old studio, is included on the third instalment of ISOLATION AND REJECTION a multi-volume compilation of rejected sounds … Read more